Advertising your business is key to success. Luckily, nowadays there are free, accessible ways for you to expose your business to the world.
1. Free Directories. Directories are perfect for customers that are searching for a particular topic. Directories categorize resources and websites into an organized form. The advantage of directories is that you would only have to post once and they are good for long periods of time. The bad news is that the amount of traffic from directories isn’t optimal so you will need to combine using this avenue with other methods. The amount of time it takes to get your name into directories is worth it for sure, so just take one day and set it aside for posting to free directories. Directories don’t update for weeks, or even months, so you won’t need to put in extra effort to keep your business in the directories.
View here to access a list of 50 free directories you can use today.
2. Classified Ads. These are great for work from home businesses. Classified ads are havens for people looking for jobs around their area. Craigslist is an example of such a website where you can post these ads in various cities around the world. The only downside to classified ads is that you have to resubmit them quite frequently. However, once you find which classifieds bring you the most traffic you can concentrate on those and weed the others out. Target specific cities and places where you can attract customers.
View here to access a list of classified ads websites you can use to promote your business.
3. Free article submissions/e-magazines. The best way to inform others about your product or service is to write an article about it. You can choose to publish your article on your own blog website or you can go to other websites that allow you to post your articles and reach out to the audiences there. In your profile page as an author, you can tell readers about yourself and where they can go to check out your product or service. This is also an excellent way to link readers to your website. There are a lot of webmasters out there who are looking for good articles they can post on their site. If they post yours, that is another site that is doing the advertising for you — for free.
View here to access lists of 200+ article submission websites.
4. URL Submissions. Probably the quickest and easiest thing to do to advertise your site. Just type ‘Free URL submission’ into your Search Engine. When you get a list, just enter the URL you are promoting and click submit. It only takes a few seconds and you’re done. This will enter your website into online databases that will help you promote your website through coverage of viewers and people found in subscription lists.
Submit your URL website instantly here.
5. Forum Posts. Be active in forums that relate to your niche. To further maximize coverage, add links to your product or service website in your signature file when you sign up on some forums, and they will show on the bottom of each of your posts every time you post in the forum. Try to look for topics that you have some knowledge on and can give a relevant answer to. The objective is to increase your reputation and leverage your reputation to gain coverage of your service or product.
Get involved asking and answering questions that pertain to your area of business. Forums are great because once you make a post it stays there forever. It will get moved to the archives eventually, but someone could still find it if they were searching the archives. Yes, there are many people who do. It is crucial you realize that you represent your business through forums, so make sure you never spam anyone. Spamming will get you kicked off the forum and you will get a bad reputation.
6. Traffic Exchanges. These are websites that have services for providing viewers and hits to your website. Often times, these are paid services, but there are free services as well that offer traffic exchanges. Traffic exchanges are one of the most time-consuming ways to advertise for free, but it is definitely the most effective, as it brings people directly to your website. If you don’t want to spend the time surfing the web for credits to get traffic exchanges for free, you do have the option of buying them. You can earn credits by surfing the Internet and clicking on other peoples’ websites, and in exchange, you will receive credits through the traffic exchanges to use for people to visit your website. This method requires you to spend time, but it will reap immense rewards in return.
Click here to visit a traffic exchange website for free traffic hits.
7. Online Groups. You can be part of an online group on social media websites such as Facebook, or online forums that focus on your niche. It is crucial to be involved in a group that has to do with your kind of business. In other words, don’t sign up for a bodybuilding group if your business is about virtual technology. This way, you can have better chances at attracting viewers that will convert into potential customers. You can usually send messages to the group once per day, but I would encourage you to find something fresh to talk about each day. People will tune you out if they see the same message all the time. Remember to never spam anyone for any reason — spamming is your one-way ticket out of groups and you will ruin your reputation.